The administration of the Berliner Volksbank, 1993-1998, is composed by two lots in an area which is farer away than the more frequented zones of the Daimler-Chrysler lot. There are 1200 places for offices.
The two long parallel buildings, 17 meters far away the one from the other, and separated just by the Schellingsstrasse, are connected by 5 bridges, which are 3 levels high. The succession of these bridges creates interesting visible effects.
Between both buildings were designed an open and public garden.
The complex is marked vertically and horizontally thanks to the use of various covering materials, brown and ocher; some facades are corrugated.
The design is from Arata Isozaki, one of the most significative contemporary japanese architects.
credit photo: berlin.citysam , japan-foto.de
by Jean-Baptiste Hurstel